Bone broth soup – a food powerhouse!
Why drink bone broth soup?
What are the healing benefits of bone broth soup?
Anti inflammatory – reduces joint pain inflammation. Glucosamine is a naturally occurring substance the body uses to build joint tissue, such as cartilage and tendons. Glucosamine is often in supplement form to treat arthritis.
Supports gut healing – the gelatin helps with leaky gut and heals the lining of the digestive tract, thereby helping absorb nutrients and improve digestion.
High in vitamins, minerals and amino acids which are the building blocks of protein for building muscles and strengthening the immune system. Protein is essential for weight loss.
Natural collagen – we lose collagen as we age and this affects our skin as well as being essential for ligament elasaticity, shiny healthy hair, and strong nails and bones. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body – so, drink your way to better health and skin!
Bone broth is full of essential minerals which are vital for the nervous system, strong bones and to maintain a normal heartbeat and metabolism.
- 1 whole chicken or just the chicken bones
- 8 cups of water
- 4-6 finely chopped celery sticks
- ½ a finely chopped onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Small piece of chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or rock salt
- Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
- Place all the ingredients in a crockpot or slow cooker and cook on low heat for10-12 hours
- Strain and use or store – or use as a chicken soup without straining.
- The broth is great as a quick nutritious drinking snack
- Great for freezing! Put into glass jars and kfrozen for up to 2 months – leave a little room at the top of the jar for expansion in the freezer
Enjoy the goodness of a nourishing powerhouse soup or broth for the cooler winter months to keep your immunity and taste buds happy!