This is a quick, easy to make mushroom & spinach frittata, ideal for a snack or a meal with salad or vegetables.
This mushroom & spinach frittata is a great meal for for when you’re on the run and don’t have time to make a nutritious meal. It’s ideal as breakfast, lunch or dinner – a versatile tasty nutritious meal!
This is a high protein meal so is ideal for weight loss and keto diets.
High protein keeps you fuller for longer which helps stop cravings.
Protein is full of amino acids which are vital for building muscle which is required to burn fat.
The cheese is a great source of calcium.
Eggs and cheese are a great protein and mushrooms have vitamin B12 which is often lacking in vegetarian or vegan diets.
Low B12 symptoms can lead to dizziness, low energy, feeling emotional and tingling in the hands or feet – it may be as simple as a B12 deficiency!
- 4 large flat sliced mushrooms
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- Cracked pepper and salt
- 1 diced onion
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 12 green pitted chopped olives
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbs of ricotta or feta cheese
Add spices you enjoy eg. Mixed herbs, coriander.
- Heat the mushrooms, garlic, 1 tsp of olive oil, butter, salt and pepper in a covered frying pan for a few minutes until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Remove the lid and sauté until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté onions in a frying pan in 1 tsp of olive oil under tender. Add spinach and over low heat until wilted.
- Combine spinach, onion, olive and mushrooms and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and ricotta with salt and pepper until eggs are aerated. There should be pieces of ricotta remaining throughout the egg mixture.
- In a non-stick oven pan, place the vegetable mixture evenly across the base. Pour over the egg mixture to cover.
- Cooking times will vary, depending on the depth of the tray used. The frittata should be 3 to 6 cm high. Bake at 160 degrees° C for 20-30 minutes or until set.
Enjoy hot or cold with a leafy salad or vegetables – the options are varied.