Over the years I found that people had difficulty giving up their desserts or chocolate. Well, you don’t have to – below you can find a delicious healthy guilt free dessert which has one of my favourites ingredients, Yes – CHOCOLATE! Nature has blessed up with the wonderful cacao or cocoa bean – one of the most delicious treats for humankind!
Health benefits of chocolate
Cacao in its raw form is full of nutrients like magnesium which helps with sweet cravings, and relaxes the nerves, as well as helping with headaches, as well as iron and zinc. Chocolate also has antioxidants that protect the health of your cells. The caffeine in chocolate can improve short term memory and brain function – now that’s a sweet thought!
Do you get sugar cravings, especially after dinner and need a “sugar fix”? Most chocolate is very high in sugar, calories and fat, leading to weight gain and yet again more sweet cravings – a vicious cycle of wanting more. Dark chocolate between 70 and 90% concentration has lower sugar than milk chocolate, and satisfies cravings with just a few squares.
Balanced meals throughout the day will help stabilise your blood sugar levels, leading to less cravings. Having protein with main meals is important as well to keep you full and not craving as much.
My Healthy chocolate avocado dessert
- 2 avocados cut into small pieces
- 6 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbs coconut butter
- 6 drops of stevia or 1 tbs Xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- sliced strawberries or berries
- Blend the avocados into a smooth purée.
- Add the cocoa, coconut butter and stevia or xylitol, vanilla essence and blend in with the avocado.
- Add a tbs of water at a time to achieve smoothness you desire.
- Chill in the fridge and serve with fresh sliced strawberries or berries.
- Add plain low fat yoghurt for a difference.
This dessert is filling, and sugar free and will hit that sweet spot – Enjoy! your guilt free sweet dessert!