Why do I need a detox? It is a good question and is something most people don’t ask themselves. Have you experienced one or more of these signs and symptoms of toxicity?
- General “not well” feeling
- Inability to lose weight
- Indigestion, constipation, diarrhoea, stomach pain
- Sluggish or nauseas after eating
- Recurrent headaches or migraines
- Muscle aching and weakness
- Sensitivity to alcohol
- Food sensitivities Skin problems
- Nerve pain or numbness
- Lowered immunity or allergies
- Poor short term memory or concentration
- Sensitivity to environmental chemicals and strong odours e.g. perfumes
- Chronic fatigue and lethargy
- Depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Hormonal problems such as PMS, or heavy, painful or irregular periods.
Everyday we are exposed to toxins, from our environment, food, alcohol, caffeine, medications and common pollutants like plastics and household chemicals. Even with a well balanced diet, one is still exposed to toxins. Toxins come in two broad categories,
- exogenous (toxins absorbed from outside the body)
- endogenous (toxins produced within the body).
Exogenous toxins may come from environmental exposure to heavy metals, body creams, cosmetics, hair products, chemicals and pesticides or may be absorbed into the body in the case of drugs, alcohol and chemicals, in water and additives used in food.
Endogenous toxins include hormones and other chemical messengers that are produced within the body, including chemicals produced by bacteria, yeasts and parasites in your digestive system. Even though we all try to avoid toxins and pollution, we are exposed on a daily basis.
How can we assess toxicity?
It is important to establish your levels of toxicity before we begin, so we use a range of tests and screening procedures to ensure we know what type of detox programme is best suited to your particular needs. We also monitor your progress throughout your program to ensure your body is effectively eliminating and reducing your toxic load so you can ultimately achieve your health goals.
In clinic tests and screening for toxicity
- to identify parasites and bacteria & to scan organs of elimination, liver, bowel and kidneys.
- Zinc Tally – Tests your levels of zinc, an important detoxification mineral
The Detox Food Plan incorporates delicious easy to make (and eat out!) foods with many Recipes to choose from. You will never go hungry or feel deprived!